Experience Wild Perfection
An exclusive escape
Win a 3 day/2 night fully hosted and catered private stay for 2 people at our exclusive wilderness cabin, Te Whare Ruruhau, in March 2020.
No roads, no other people, no internet, no phone signal, just Wild Perfection.
To enter, just sign up for our newsletter at the link at the bottom of the page by 26 February 2020, and the winning entry will be drawn and announced 27 February 2020.
Don’t want to take your chances? Book a stay with us today.
***PLEASE NOTE: Winners are responsible for transportation to and from the cabin on their selected dates in March 2020, typically helicopter flights cost between NZ$1,380 and NZ$3,350 return depending on helicopter size and departure location (Taupō Airport or Helisika base).***
Disconnect to Reconnect
Soak up the surrounding grand vistas and hike through native forest and alpine grasslands. Enjoy a gentle climb to a secluded picnic spot by the river, or merely meander along the valley floors. Home to several rare flora species, Owhaoko land is also the headwaters to several pristine rivers perfect for swimming.
Enjoy a stunning sunrise over morning coffee on the balcony, curl up in the outdoor egg chair and listen to the burbling stream below, fill the outdoor bathtub for two, watch the sun set over the Kaimanawa Range, and finish off the day gathered around the cosy fireplace.
Winning entrant will receive:
Three days and two nights hosted private stay at our exclusive wilderness cabin for two people on over 4,000 acres of pristine native bush.
Your host will welcome you to the land, prepare and serve all meals – menu prepared based on winner’s dietary requirements – and keep the cabin clean and tidy as well as be available for any questions or requests you may have at the staff accomodation discretely located ~50 meters from the cabin.
A perfect opportunity to relax, explore nature and reconnect with someone special.
Giveaway Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who sign up for our Owhaoko newsletter (see link at bottom of this page) and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable national and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Owhaoko as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 12 Feb 2020 12:00 noon NZST and ending 26 Feb 2020 12:00 noon NZST. All online entries must be received by 26 Feb 2020 12:00 noon NZST.
- How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by signing up for Owhaoko’s Newsletter via the www.owhaoko.com website. The entry must fulfil all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Owhaoko. You may enter only twice. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Owhaoko.
- Prizes: The Winner of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive one 3-day/2-night fully catered & hosted stay at our exclusive wilderness cabin “Te Whare Ruruhau” between the dates of 13 March and 23 March 2020. Approximate retail value prize is NZ$4,800. The Winner will need to arrange to get themselves to & from Taupō, New Zealand, and to and from the cabin via helicopter, as this is not included in the giveaway. Standard helicopter rates are between NZ$1,380 and NZ$3,350 return depending on helicopter size and departure location (Taupō Airport or Helisika base) payable directly to the helicopter operator, Helisika Ltd. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Owhaoko. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Owhaoko’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including helicopter fees to/from the cabin as well as without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Owhaoko to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected bya random drawingunder the supervision of Owhaoko. Winner will be notified by social media platform through which they entered within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Owhaoko shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT OWHAOKO‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Owhaoko, anyone acting on behalf of Owhaoko, and Owhaoko’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Terms & Conditions: Owhaoko reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Owhaoko’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case,Owhaoko may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Owhaoko. Owhaoko reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or violates these Terms & Conditions. Owhaoko has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Owhaoko reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Owhaoko and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF New Zealand, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New Zealand having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Owhaoko, PO Box 2135, Taupo 3351 New Zealand. Requests must be received no later than 1 April 2020.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Owhaoko, PO Box 2135 Taupo 3351 New Zealand.
- The Campaign hosted by Owhaoko is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.